Thursday, March 12, 2009

OH BABY!!!

Today (if all goes as planned) my beautiful wife and I are having our second child. Emma Mae. Emma from her mother and Mae from my grandmother. I suppose since Jake is know as "The Little Mister," she'll be known as "The Little Miss." Well until I can think of something better or more creative.

So to mark this wonderful occasion, I thought that I'd revisit the What The Heck moments when The Little Mister was born. I was for the most part kind of an interesting experience. Of course some of this I've really been keeping to myself because I don't the The Little Mama reads this much, if she did she would point out all my typo's as well as the many times I leave out a word or two (my fingers don't always work as fast as my brain.) Plus I'm not going to publish this post until we are already in the hospital so save her some unnecessary worrying.

I'm going to leave out all the stuff that I think a normal father goes through. The oh my this is my son. He's so small. I'm responsible for this life. Am I going to be a good dad? I think that all is pretty normal and everyone can relate to it. I'm going concentrate on what I think was just plain wrong. The operating room.

Now I don't know if the mistake we made was having a baby in Wyoming, or the doctors there or what...but it was an interesting experience to say the least.

The Little Mama had been in labor for over a day, when they finally said Jake was stuck and they were going to do a c-section. They wheeled her into the operating room and the had this green blanket hanging like a shower curtain over her chest. Needless to say we couldn't see much, which I'm very thankful for. I love my wife, but her innards are one part of her I really don't want to see.

We had been told that the Doc doing the surgery had a lot of experience, but I'm guessing she had some students in there with here that didn't. That's where it all started. They bumped that table. Kim got worried. I went into reassurance mode.

"Its okay honey." I said.

"Oops." came from the other side of the blanket.

"What do they mean oops?" my beautiful wife said with a hint of panic in her voice.

"Its okay honey, they just bumped the table."

"You don't say oops when the patient is awake."

"Oh sorry. What's that?"

"I don't know?"

"What's she talking about?"

"I'm sure its nothing honey."

This kind of thing continued for about 5 more minutes until we heard a little cry. It was so cute. Then a little head popped over the blanket like a little puppet show and was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment