Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh the Drama!

I don't like drama.

Its one thing when there is drama in someone else's life that doesn't evolve me. When I can just sit on the side line and watch. That's great entertainment. A good dramatic movie I'm ok with as well, but I don't want unnecessary drama in my life. I think its kind of ridiculous.

I grew up in a house with 3 girls. My stepmother, stepsister, and my sister. There was a lot of arguing. A lot of door slamming. A lot of screaming. I learned at a young age that 3 girls under one roof was way too many.

Later in life I analyzed this situation even more. My little sister was never really involved in most of these problems that enveloped the household...therefore 2 girls in one house is to many right. I decided that when I wanted to start my own family if I was to avoid having unnecessary drama in my life, my wife would be the only girl in my home if I could help it.

After my second tour in Iraq I met her, and boy did I fall hard. The Little Mama is such a great girl. Now I'll admit she has her moments where she'll bring a little drama to the table, but they really aren't that bad. Plus usually when she does there is a really good reason for it. That hasn't been the case in past

Then we got a dog. HIS name is Brady. I was doing pretty good.

She wanted a cat, and her name is Zoe. I've come to the conclusion however that cats don't count because they are daemons, so I'm still doing pretty good.

Then we got knocked up. It was one of those "We both really want kids, lets see if this works" kind of things and it did. First try. Those first few months I was very worried until we found out our little bun in the oven was indeed a boy. Believe me when I say I was ecstatic. The estrogen balance was still in my favor.

Fast forward til recently and we decided the timing was right to complete our little family. Another baby. This time I wasn't so lucky. Even with the ultrasounds and everything part of me still hoped that when little Emma came in this world she wouldn't be a she at all. I knew in my heart though I'd love her no matter what. When I first saw her she was so beautiful. Her cute little cheeks. Lips. Monkey toes just like her daddy. The doc cleaned her off and gave her to us to get a better look at her. She put her had on her cute little cheek, and let out the biggest sigh.....and the drama starts...

God help me.

2 comments:

  1. you know you love it! i think jake is full of way more drama than emma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete