Monday, June 1, 2009

Is It Weird To....

Now I’d like to think I’m a little bit more mature than a lot of people my age. My wife I’m sure would argue with anyone on that, but I’d like to think when it comes to life experiences…I’m a bit above the curve. To put it another way, I’ve been told I have “an old soul.”

I am after all 27 years old. I’ve seen a lot more of the world as well as the US than many people my age. I’ve served and fought for this great country. I’m a loving husband, and a proud father of two beautiful kids. Not to sound like a broken record, but all things that most people my age haven’t experienced, or have no desire to experience.

So now is it weird that I love Kool-Aid?



We got some for free at the store the other day. It was one of those buy this and get cool thing of Kool-Aid for free in store coupon thing. I thought what the heck! Jake may like it. I remember I liked it when I was little.

Now the stuff is like crack. I can’t get enough of it. If I could have and IV of Fruit Punch….wow….that would be cool!! I’d have a sugar buzz like you wouldn’t believe. I might even be able to keep up with Jake all day!

Then again I might be in a diabetic coma before my next birthday.

So here’s my What The Heck!?!?! For today.

Since when did growing up mean that we had to stop enjoying the things we did when we were young?

I can think of a lot of reasons. As we got older we wanted to look “cool” for our friends. Priorities shifted. Plans evolved. ECT…ECT….ECT….

I challenge everyone who reads this (both of you) to step back for a moment and enjoy life as a kid again. Even If it’s just a nice tall ice cold glass of Kool –aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment