Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brett Favre


This one has been bugging me for a while now, and for the most part I've been biting my tounge. Seriously though Brett...What The Heck.

Now, I'll admit I'm a fan, as is my wife, my brother, and just about everyone else I know that likes football. It's hard not to like Brett Favre. If you don't like him, you have to at least admire him. No one in the history of this planet has ever made me consider buying a pair of Wranglers and playing football in the mud. I've tried Wranglers before. They aren't that comfortiable, but for a moment I considered getting a pair.

If you still have no idea what I'm talking about you could at least respect this....he played quaterback with a broken thumb on his thowing hand for almost half a season!!! AND HE WAS STILL WINNING!!! He's a real true tough football player. There are a lot of players out there right now that could learn a lot from guys like him. Prime example the "cute," dimple faced, my poor pinky Tony Romo. I think I've said enough. (That's going to make a lot of Cowboy fans mad...sorry honey!)

At the end of this season Brett Favre retired. Again. I read/heard in an interview that he doesn't understand why the fans, the media, the coachs, the players, the NFL or pretty much anyone doesn't believe him that he means it...this time.

We love you Brett, but What The Heck!?!

Why would we believe that you were really done this time? Would it be because you threw more interceptions than touchdowns last year? Everyone has a bad season. Is it because you've got a torn bicep? You've had worse. Other player have come back from worse and have had amazing seasons. I won't even start listing names. Is it because you say you're serious this time? Well, you said you were serious before. You even cried last time. Is this the 4 or 5 time you've retired. I've lost count.

Bottom line. I say there is a 20% chance in '09 we will see Farve playing again, and its a day I look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you on this one! That's exactly what I said the day I was watching ESPN news with my Son, Alex....."What the heck?" I'll believe this one when this season is completely over, and we do not hear Brett Favre's name every 5 minutes-lol!

    ReplyDelete